Day 20 - Washington and Oregon and Alaska

Well it seems like a lot has happened in the past week. 
This is long so if you want a summary, we are doing great!

If you want to hear more …
Well our 2 night stay at Tall Chief RV Park outside of Seattle was a real bust. Rose gave it a 0/10. Amazing pool but closed due to “electrical issues”, promising playground had caution tape around it due to hornet activity and just being sprayed, mini golf was free but only clubs no balls. On the plus side, which Rose didn’t appreciate, were the very spacious and shaded spots with endless blackberries (and no mosquitoes). Ken grabbed a ladder and took me out for dessert. 

We visited the Museum of Flight in Seattle which was great! It was in the 90s and so we didn’t venture into the city more than that. I don’t do great when temps are above 70. Rose was surprised how much was there as we are only used to the Seattle airport. 

Next was a KOA at Astoria/Warrenton. 9/10. Two functioning pools, hot tub, jump pad, movie nights, game room, and more. Right across the street was Ft Stevens State Park with a historical section of WWII stuff. SO cool. We had a PE day and did a 10 mile bike ride there. I should’ve stopped after that (Jenn) but went back for an evening ride that was lengthened unexpectedly since a mama elk and 3 young elk were on the bike path and mama was slowly approaching me as I was slowly walking backwards with my bike. Thankfully I didn’t end up on the national news. 

We also saw deer, squirrels, bunnies and bats. Rose loved the bats. 

We went up the Astoria column. 164 steps. Rose thought there would be an elevator. She climbed without any complaints.

To my Alaska friends - organic eggs are SO cheap here. Like half price! And produce in general. And I know you don’t all love 50s and 60s and rain but we have driven through some terribly smoky areas and I’d take cooler rainy days over the hot smoky ones any day.

I think I’m navigator extraordinaire but remain humble when Ken says “oh look, that turn goes to Crater Lake” and I look
down at my phone wondering why it didn’t speak up and say “oops… I think you were supposed to turn there.” Thankfully he gives me grace and manages to turn our rig around not too far ahead. And we say “trust the journey.”

Since Friday we are here at KOA Lemolo Lake near Crater Lake. CL is amazing! I thought of working here when I worked in Yosemite but the jobs were very seasonal. The lake is a deep gorgeous blue. And the deepest in the United States (over 1,900 feet). We will be here 9 nights (longer than expected) because Ken had to fly back to Alaska to tend to a rental house. He will only be gone 3 nights and there is no way I am driving our 58’ 17,250 lb rig. I’m not complaining because this area is awesome and I can go take more pictures of Crater Lake. 

Thank you for the prayers for our safe travels. We really appreciate those. 



Astoria Column - Rose 

Crater Lake

Jenn, Ken, Rose at Crater Lake

Clearwater Falls - Rose 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July 28 - Final Day of the Big Trip

July 5 - Ozark, Missouri

Getting ready