May 24 - Alaska and New Stanton, Pennsylvania

My mom with the moose at the
Anchorage International Airport.

Rose and my mom with the Kodiak bear
at the airport.

One of the live moose that we saw.

Russian Orthodox Church in Ninilchik, AK.

Jenn, Abby and my mom in Homer, AK.
1.5 hour drive from our Alaskan home.

My mom and Abby at Captain Patties in Homer.
My mom treated us to a great lunch. 

My mom gifted her embroidery machine to Abby
and they were figuring it out together.

Rose painted this dog Winter with her 
friend Bailey.

Patty and Greg treated us to a lovely lunch. 
They recently returned from a one year lower 48
RV trip and we attend the same church. 
They are happy to be home 
and we look forward to our return although 
Ken could be on the road longer.
It was a great visit.

Maisie and Rose had a play date.

Rose and Teslan enjoyed jumping
on the trampoline.

Abby led Rose in a slime making activity.

Jenn and girls.
We will be back in Alaska soon - 
roughly 2 months.

It was great seeing friends again. 
Here are a few of the friends I saw.
Sorry I didn’t get pictures with everyone.

Rhonda with this amazing cross stitch 
that she did. It is currently on display
at Mel’s.

My dad and Uncle Greg. We enjoyed dinner
at Le Camper and celebrated Uncle Greg’s
birthday. 

My dad’s game room is always fun and
no coins needed as he rigged them. 
Growing up I spent hours playing pinball games.
Rose was impressed with my skills.

Rose and Bailey hanging out with dogs. 
Bailey’s mom is a vet so they stopped at her office.

It was a great week celebrating Abby’s graduation and showing my mom a bit of Alaska. And being beyond tired from the red eye flight back to Pennsylvania.

Alaska was great for also reuniting with friends and enjoying 55 degree temperatures. Balmy. Ken wasn’t sure if Rose and I were going to return to the camper but we did as we have more friends and family to see. I think the remaining 2 ish months will fly by. I also need to figure out our itinerary as we have no reservations for roughly 40 out of the next 60 nights.

Where next? We will be in Pennsylvania until May 31st and then head up to the New England states. My niece is graduating from high school in New Hampshire and we are planning to attend the ceremony. After that we will basically be heading back to Alaska, or so I think. 

Thank you for the prayers for our safety and health. I would also appreciate prayers for my dad for strength and energy. And for Patty and Greg and Pastor Milt and all of the great things happening at Birch Ridge Community Church in Soldotna. 

Bonus: If you want a good story ask Ken about the woman who thought he was her husband.



Comments

  1. Safe travels. Great memories of my visit

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love that game room when we visited.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

July 28 - Final Day of the Big Trip

July 5 - Ozark, Missouri

Getting ready