September 24 - Yosemite, Jenn’s birthday and Paso Robles area

Rose and Ken hiking around Sequoias at Yosemite
Yosemite meadow

Yosemite Chapel

Yosemite Falls

Jenn and Rose on scooters

Smallest waterfall in Yosemite

Rose at road school

Rose at Gymnastics by Diane

My birthday (I love otters)

Sunset at Paso Robles campground

Pool and clubhouse at campground 

Too confusing so we skipped the wineries

Denis, me, Elaine / my godparents 

We returned to Yosemite on Monday 9/18 which was a much greater experience than the previous Saturday. Less busy. We hiked around the sequoia trees at Mariposa Grove, had a lovely lunch at Wawona Lodge, and Ken had an orthopedic exam from a doctor he befriended on the hike (knee issue since the trampoline park on 8/11 when he was jumping like crazy). Then we headed to the valley floor and hopped on our kick scooters. We toured lower Yosemite Falls, the village area (with less people and lots of parking available), and around the Ahwahnee which is undergoing a large renovation. 

I always loved Oakhurst so we enjoyed our stay there. Rose was able to attend three gymnastic classes (1.5-2 hours each) and loved that! She said she wanted to move there and she and the coach/owner hugged on the last day. 

My birthday was lovely, with a great lunch at the Tandoori Express and dinner at El Cids, a Mexican place that I remember from when I lived in Yosemite. It was also great hearing from a lot of friends and family on this day. Thank you!

Friday we headed south to Paso Robles. We arrived at the campground which looked very lovely only for the front desk person to say “you cancelled your reservation in August.” With all of the making and changing and cancelling of reservations I wasn’t too surprised but then recalled I did cancel it and immediately rebooked it. However, I selected their sister campground which thankfully was less than a mile away and they said was even nicer, bigger and had two outdoor pools. Yay! 

After spending a week in Sacramento’s fairground campground which was quite primitive and Oakhurst’s which was nice but no pool (it did have a swimming hole) and little amenities unless you consider ants, it was nice to stay at this location with a great kid friendly pool, arcade, restaurant, lap pool and hot tubs. 

But the highlight was really being able to spend time with my godparents who live nearby. I used to visit them when I lived in California and have many fond memories of that. Saturday we all had lunch together at their house and Sunday I went by myself to hang out while Ken and Rose had pool time.

Tomorrow we are heading to the happiest place on earth. Of course at 4pm all of the kids start crying and whining and parents start yelling but that’s not in the commercials. Yes, Disneyland. Rose is excited. After school en route tomorrow, we will have a few days off of school. And yes, that is why we started school August 1st. 

PS I did get Ken back about the “I had a dream our brakes went out…” (last post) when he was pulling into a very tight parking spot with the truck at Trader Joe’s and I said “I had a dream last night that the front passenger side scraped something” (I did have that dream) … he didn’t find that comment helpful. We are now even. But we did get a good laugh. 



 

Comments

  1. Yosemite brings back fond memories of when I was there. I hope Rose and Ken loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

July 28 - Final Day of the Big Trip

July 5 - Ozark, Missouri

Getting ready